Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 2010 - Net Worth

The Stats:
Net Worth: (34,254) [Up $2,862!)

Assets: 34,588.00
Cash - $11,543
Retirement - $23,035

Debt: $68,842.00
Student Loans - $69,177.53
Credit Card - $335.53

Debt overview:

I pay my credit card off each cycle so I ignore the number in my own head. Truthfully, I am amazing compulsive paying my card more so than actually spending with it. I will typically come home after a large purchase and setup an online payment immediately to avoid falling into the credit card trap. My student loan balance decreased $2,678.07 for the month thus far with a large payment still uncleared.

Assets overview:


Well.... let's say not that great of a month for saving. I ended up down slightly overall. The market pulled back, and I just ended up a bit more cash. I did not save as much as I normally would have because of student loan payments, a vacation, a expensive visitor (I have to take out my Mother when she visits, right?) costs for two weddings, and truthfully having a bit too much fun in the summer. On the plus side is that I get paid on Friday so the low total is somewhat due to timing, and I sold some of my unneeded possessions and still will receive a security deposit. I expect to have an extra 1.5k next month. I feel comfortable with my cash reserves so I may payoff a student loan with a rate @ 6.125%. There is no way I can comfortably invest the money and get that return. Not to mention paying off the loan will open up around $260 in month cash flow, or I can target some of my adjustable rate private loans.

No comments:

Post a Comment