Monday, July 26, 2010

July 2010 - Net Worth



The Stats:

Networth: (37,638.24) - Sigh.....

Assets: $34,542.48
Cash - $11,276.29
Retirement - $23,266

Debt: $72,180.72
Student Loans - $71,978.02
Credit Card - $202.70

It is amazing how fast student loans can add up. I recently finished my Master's degree while working so I was lucky to have my employer pay a good portion of the tab. Still, I am paying about $450 dollars every two weeks. The payment is slightly higher then my obligations. I am considering being more aggressive if I receive a solid merit increase at the beginning of next year.

I know that no matter how secure my job seems, it never truly is, thus the attempt to stockpile cash. I put away about 5k in a Roth IRA last year. I consider this a part of my emergency fund. I now have a solid 11k in cash residing in high-yield savings accounts. I should be able to increase this by about 3k in the next couple months due to the return of a security deposit and no rent next month!

Join me on my journey to become debt free and switch the red to black.


No comments:

Post a Comment